Happy Friday, Friends! This was a long week for me, I worked 6 days this week (including tomorrow), with today off. Which is backwards from anything I usually do. I typically have Monday and Tuesday off, so I basically worked two weeks back to back. Luckily, my job isn’t very hard so it didn’t really matter much. It did however feel long.
Let’s get started, shall we:
1. My husband borrowed the INSANITY program and started it yesterday. I also did the first day, which is just a Fit Test. I don’t know how I feel about this. On the one hand, I want to do it because you get fast results, and I know a few people who have started it but didn’t finish. I’d love to finish the program. Kind of as proof to myself that I can do anything. On the other hand, I’m worried that its not the kind of program I’m looking for, I’m trying to build muscle and based on what I’ve seen its mostly cardio. So I’m not 100% committed to it right now, I’m not promising to do the full 60 days. I think I’ll try it out and see where it goes from there. But I just don’t know.
2. This morning Blake brought me breakfast in bed! Cereal with toast and a mimosa. I’m not sure that drinking champagne is the right way to start a day but it was very sweet gesture. He’s such a sweetheart. Love him.
3. My lack of attention to detail is driving me nuts. I’m the person who sends texts with spelling errors not because I can’t spell but because I just didn’t notice a letter or words missing or something equally dumb. And its all because I do stuff too fast! I need to s l o w d o w n….like a lot. I really want to focus on this. I’m not exactly sure how to do it but I’ll figure something out.
4. I’m really struggling with some stuff with my Dad. I haven’t seen or even talked to him in like 18 years but a few days ago my brother gave him my phone number and he hasn’t called which has really torn me to pieces. For 18 years I’ve known he didn’t want anything to do with me but for some reason I’m letting it bother me. I just want to scream and yell at him but I know that won’t do me any good. I need to let go of all this pain and anger and then move on.
5. The good news, along with all that I’ve connected with my half-sister. I’ve always known about her, but never met her because she was born close to when the time we moved to Washington from Indiana. My great grandma did send me some pictures of her though. So I’m getting to know her which is very cool! Maybe one day we will have a bond like true sisters, we have a common enemy so that’s a start! Haha
Well that’s whats going on with me lately. I just work, work out and sleep. No joke. I need to plan some girl time or something!